Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thank you Homebrew Chef!

Here's to Sean Paxton, the Homebrew Chef. I came across his recipe for "stout-cured corned beef" last year, but it was too close to St Patty's Day to actually brine the meat (which takes 6-8 days). So, this year I planned correctly!  I have just put 5 pounds of brisket into the brining solution (which contained 32 ounces of Mr Cicerone's SunuvaBuster 2011), and will remove it on St Patty's Day when I'll cook it with more spices, and more beer! 

A big chunk o' brisket

Brining solution, chock full of fragrant spices and beer.
Into the fridge it goes, for 8 days.....

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Thank you very much for sharing some of your adventures in beer with us. :)

    MP

    ReplyDelete
  2. The resulting corned beef was fabulous and paired so nicely with both the SunovaBuster and the Rauchbier!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Labels