Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yay! Free time!

Seeing as how my mum is doing great, I gave myself a night off from nursemaid/housemaid duties, and headed to "The City" to the wonderful Beer Deluxe. Three beers and three snacks later, and I'm happy as pie!

Double-fisted dinner. Raconteur IPA from Prickly Moses brewery with red lentil fritters.
Mountain Goat/ Matilda Bay collaboration abbey Dubbel with Spanish chorizo and poached figs with a sweet chili glaze.
The IPA was a classic American IPA chock-full of Cascade, Centennial & Chinook. 6.5% ABV, nice toasty malt, and great balance. A wonderfully tangerine citrusy IPA. It was kick-off night and I met the brewer.

The second dish was a plethora of different flavors- not something I would have made myself, but it did work well with the beer, which was a fruity, lightish-bodied abbey dubbel with some licorice notes.



I'm not much of a dessert person, but needed an excuse to order Murray's Black Night Porter.
And here it is- rich, creamy Panna Cotta. Perfect with the porter which had notes of dark fruit and a wee bit of roastiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels